Saturday, April 25, 2009

Another couple of projects

Here is another project I did. Below are the flexible hoses that my class attached pipe fittings to. It sure was a tough project. Not that it was very mentally demanding, but it took some muscle. I really had to force the fittings on there. The second photo shows a close-up of what we put on the end of the flexible hose (both the gold and black parts).





This second set of photos was the result of yet another project. I took a straight piece of aluminum tubing, put fittings on it, then bent it according to the specifications the teacher gave us. After I did that, the teacher damaged the pipe, so I had to repair it. That is why you see the black part on the lower end of the tube on the first picture. As for the second photo, the flared end of the tube was also done by me. I used a special tube flaring tool to do it. The third picture is the tube being pressure tested. It had to hold 1500psi for at least on minute. The tray of hydraulic fluid was used to lubricate the flexible hoses and to prep the hydraulic line. My line passed.







3 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work! People like me who have a fear of falling thousands of feet to the earth if the aircraft breaks, like to know that something like that could never happen with good airplane fixer uppers (Im not PC when i cant spell...) So, again...PLEASE keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so funny story. when i first started readin this i thought that kim was the one with the projects. i wondered to myself why in the world is kim puttin fittings on rubber hose. then i came to me that it was taber not kim. silly me. (hyrum)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hyrum, i'm touched.

    ReplyDelete