Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter weekend

We woke up Sunday morning to a gray, cloudy, rain-filled sky.
We were relieved that we had done all the traditional Easter festivities on Saturday, when the weather was much more Spring-like.
The Easter bunny strikes
(who else loves those movies? some of our childhood favorites)
Isabelle, showing off her basket
Eliza, mid-hunt
Isabelle, being taught how to properly eat a chocolate Easter bunny

Eliza, enjoying her Easter spoils

Isabelle: 2.5 years old, going on 27 (wearing mommy's high heels and carrying mommy's purse)

She came down later that evening, informing me she was going to Prom. She had my purse again, had gotten her Sunday shoes on, and was ready to leave. She came and gave me a kiss goodbye. I played along, opening the door for her, telling her I expected her home before 11:30pm. She got as far as the front sidewalk before I made her come back. It was raining. The girls have been in love with the idea of prom ever since Aunt Amanda went a few weekends ago.

I'll admit it. I bribed the girls with candy. All I wanted was one good picture of them in their Easter dresses, looking at the camera and smiling. I know I was asking a lot for the smiles. This was the best smile I could get from Eliza. And it was only because I starting speaking to her in jibberish out of desperation. She was probably secretly thinking, "My mom is a nutjob." In her defense, she and Isabelle have not been feeling well lately. The girls and I had to come home early from church. They were so disappointed they couldn't go to nursery.

This is what I got when I asked them to put their arms around each other. That's what you would call a literal interpretation.

Finally. A good one.

Isabelle's hair, complete with handmade hair accessories

3 comments:

  1. The girls look adorable! As far as All Dogs go to Heaven- I got that a couple weeks ago cause I loved it too...i forgot how scary parts of it are! Eric says Hi to his Izzie and Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun! Easter baskets. Eggs. The hunt. The girls are so cute, Kim. My favorite is the prom announcement. She is looking ahead to the best parts (right)...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not the ears, not the ears!!! The funniest part is I can totally picture Taber showing her the ropes on how to eat it. They look absolutely adorable. Miss you guys

    ReplyDelete